Sunday, February 10, 2008

Golden Gate Park and Richardson Bay

This weekend I went for a stroll in GGP and spent an hour at Richardson Bay. Perched on the rocks near the bay, I sat patiently waiting while the tide drew out and a Snowy Egret approached and hunted around me. In the distance an Osprey surveyed the bay and dove in among the ducks to secure a fish. On the way toward the parking lot I came across a photogenic but easily perturbed Cattle Egret with a taste for high-end SUVs. I got a few portraits and was on my way. Golden Gate Park showcased a slew of Ravens and 6 Red-tails, Warblers and some dueling Great Blue Herons... but the best photos came as the light dwindled at Ocean Beach and South Lake.
A Snowy Egret pursues a fish.

Golden Gate Bridge in blue.

Cattle Egret

Contemporary Cattle.

Distant Osprey Catch (3 shot sequence)

Brown-headed Cowbird - much reviled by some, but I admire their adaptability and incredibly complex song.

Gull landing at South Lake.

Magnolias in bloom.

1 comment:

Adam R. Paul said...

Lovely photos! I especially like the hunting Snowy Egret and the Cattle Egret (a great find!) portrait